Let's Learn French!
Whether you are looking for French lessons for yourself or your child I make learning French fun and exciting!
If you are in the Raleigh Triangle area and need a French tutor I'm the one for you! I have a North Carolina Professional Educators License in French grades K through 12.
Tutoring Settings Available
- One on one in person tutoring in my home or yours or the local library
- Online tutoring via Skype
- Group tutoring for up to three students
- Weekly/Biweekly sessions for elementary, HS and college students
- Home schooled students
- Test Prep for AP French and SAT French for high school students
- Beginners looking to learn a new language
- Business people who need to know French for work
- Travelers to French speaking countries
- B.A. in French Education from NCSU 2010
- North Carolina Professional Educator's License in French K-12
- Taught French I-II at Sanderson High School 2010
- Taught French II-IV at Millbrook High School 2011
- Private tutoring 2008-Present
- Member of F.L.A.N.C (Foreign Language Association of North Carolina)
- National Honor Society of the French Language
"Ms. Meola's mix of professional instruction, respect and patience provided our son with the tools he needed to be successful in his efforts to master the basics of both French 1 and French 2. Her personal knowledge and experience of the WCPSS high school French curriculum enabled Ms. Meola to provide our son with focused instruction and support for homework assignments, chapter reviews and test/exam preparation. Ms. Meola's tutoring sessions began and ended on time, and she was readily available for a make-up session or an additional session as her tutoring schedule permitted. For quality professional tutoring in French, I highly recommend Ms. Meola."
"Mrs. Meola has worked with several of my students; she does a great job of collaborating with me to ensure the students are reviewing the correct material. My students really enjoy working with her as well! I would definitely and highly recommend Mrs. Meola as your French tutor!"
"Annie is passionate about all things French. This passion is contagious and before you know it, YOU want to learn how to speak French! She is bright, creative and committed to the success of her students. My daughter's performance in advanced high school French improved greatly under Annie's skilled tutoring, and her confidence restored under Annie's nurturing guidance. I could not have been more pleased with Annie's professionalism and positive impact on my daughter's learning."
"I wanted to thank you so much for all that you've helped him with this semester. He absolutely would not have made it through the course and especially with a solid B without you. We will recommend you highly to anyone who needs the extra support - you're super at what you do!"
"Mrs. Meola helped me pass a class which i thought was going to be impossible. she summarized notes, readings and grammar in ways that really made sense to me. She also was always flexible and would help me absolutely anytime i needed it. Mrs. Meola is a great tutor that will adapt to your learning style and needs in order to help you pass any level of French."
My hourly tutoring rate depends on the level of proficiency and needs of the student.
My hours of availability are flexible to meet your needs.
I understand that schedules change, however there will be a $25 charge for no shows and same day cancellations.
Some clients have asked if I use Rosetta Stone. While I don't generally use it I do have it available upon request.